Recipes: Winter Vegetable Whole-Grain Salad
March 8, 2019
- 1 (16-oz) pkg peeled, cubed butternut squash
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 (8.5-oz) pouch microwavable seven-whole-grains mix (such as Seeds of Change)
- 1 Tbsp basil paste
- 1 (5-oz) pkg baby kale-spinach mix
- 1 (15-oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Toss together squash, garlic, 1 Tbsp oil, salt, and pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes or until squash is browned, stirring once after 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave grains according to package directions. Whisk together 2 Tbsp oil and basil paste.
- Combine grains, squash, kale mix, and beans; drizzle with the basil-oil mixture, and toss.
|Sat. Fat (g)||2|